Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celebrity deaths
CardsAllDay13 Offline
Coach of Anyone But Kentucky

Celebrity deaths
So Chyna (WWE) died yesterday and now media reports are allegedly reporting that Prince has died as well. whoa
04-21-2016 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BereaCard Offline
Likes to say fuck

RE: Celebrity deaths
Dead and gone. Somebody send armed guards to protect Willie Nelson from sick people. We already lost too many this year.
04-21-2016 01:12 PM
judge dredd Offline
Freak of Nature

This photo sums it up

Attached File(s) Image(s)

04-21-2016 01:48 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

This year is insane. That or I'm just getting older and more familiar with every death that hits the news pages.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/obitu...llery.html
04-21-2016 01:53 PM
BereaCard Offline
Likes to say fuck

Blouses forvever! I am gonna go get some pancakes and chill.
04-21-2016 02:29 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline
Coach of Anyone But Kentucky

Hide yo couches
04-21-2016 02:45 PM
CardinalJunky Offline
I'm In The Spirit World As*hole

It certainly puts a perspective on middle age when your heroes and favorites start dying. I'd really like to save Willie, Eastwood, Keith, Paul Macca, and a few others for awhile.

Chappelle nailed him. Big Grin
[Image: prince-dunks-o.gif]
04-21-2016 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJunky Offline

(04-21-2016 02:29 PM)BereaCard Wrote:  Blouses forvever! I am gonna go get some pancakes and chill.

[Image: 14nflao.jpg]

[Image: GameBlouses.jpg]
04-21-2016 06:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

I'm not much into TV.
04-21-2016 06:51 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Holy fuck. Prince kills it. Worth the bore of the 1st 5 minutes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/...4-20160121
04-21-2016 08:58 PM
CardinalJunky Offline

(04-21-2016 08:58 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  Holy fuck. Prince kills it. Worth the bore of the 1st 5 minutes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/...4-20160121

Yep. Thats an all time great level performance. He was a fantastic musician.
04-22-2016 06:11 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Clapton always said Prince was the best rock guitarist in the world. He was always a singer that played the guitar instead of the other way around.
04-22-2016 06:46 AM
Red Alert Offline
-

Never was really a fan but I recognize his greatness. Really, really curious to see what he died from. He had some kind of health scare recently where they had to land the plane. Wonder if its related.
04-22-2016 09:19 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

Prince considered an all time great guitarist - yet guys like this go undiscovered for thier entire career. It's a shame

04-22-2016 09:47 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Not wanting to argue with you but I find his playing so repetitive that it becomes boring. Some people think Buckethead is great, he grates on me.
04-22-2016 09:51 AM
BereaCard Offline
Likes to say fuck

(04-22-2016 09:19 AM)Red Alert Wrote:  Never was really a fan but I recognize his greatness. Really, really curious to see what he died from. He had some kind of health scare recently where they had to land the plane. Wonder if its related.

I was not a fan, but no one can argue that the man was not supremely talented. Music is so intensely personal. I saw what he was doing with his hands during that solo and I know it took talent to do it, but it just did not make me want to jump up and shout like guitar solos that move me do.

I am also curious. Partly because my wife just turned 54 and it would be a relief to know it was a genetic anomaly or drugs. I don't want to be thinking that folks can just up and die at 57. And, partly because I think if it was drugs it will help shine a light on drug abuse and the fact that even folks with everything might be miserable on the inside. Witness Michael Jackson, Robin Williams, Anna Nicole Smith, etc, etc. Maybe it will move people to do something about it other than putting people in jail. (I know, I know, my liberal, bleeding heart is showing)
04-22-2016 10:11 AM
BereaCard Offline
Likes to say fuck

I never could get into really fast playing with little to no space between the notes. I like guitar that soars. Stuff like the video with Angel Vivaldi smashes. Not saying he is not talented, it just does nothing for me.
04-22-2016 10:16 AM
CardinalJunky Offline

(04-22-2016 10:16 AM)BereaCard Wrote:  I never could get into really fast playing with little to no space between the notes. I like guitar that soars. Stuff like the video with Angel Vivaldi smashes. Not saying he is not talented, it just does nothing for me.

I know what you mean....I actually prefer to hear a solo like a George Harrison or Eric Clapton can do. Those slow and patient notes can really grab you, but I definitely have a respect for the guys that can absolutely shred, especially when they do it with few missed notes. It's incredible to me that there are people out there that can pickup up an instrument and play it by ear or train themselves to do it at a world class level.

You mentioned drugs in the previous post and I'm with you.....we need to help the addicts and not punish them. That said, I'm also for legalization of any "drug" that is natural. Marijuana, shrooms, salvia.....any of that stuff should be legal for adults to use.

As for what happened with Prince, I'll guess we will find out. He was intensely private with his home life, and I'd almost like for them to keep his death that way. It doesn't matter to me if he over dosed. Hell, maybe he suffered with depression his whole life and at this point didn't want to put up with that any more, sort of like Robin Williams. Maybe he used drugs to escape that as much as possible. A lot of immensely artistic people seem to have a depressive streak in them.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the guys music, even as a passive fan, and had a helluva lot of respect for him. He was a real artist and a terrific musician. Also seemed to be a person that cared about others. That's all you can ask out of someone right? I'll remember his contributions fondly.
04-22-2016 03:59 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

http://www.theonion.com/article/nation-t...e-wo-52791
04-22-2016 04:10 PM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

(04-22-2016 10:11 AM)BereaCard Wrote:  I am also curious. Partly because my wife just turned 54 and it would be a relief to know it was a genetic anomaly or drugs.
Witness Michael Jackson, Robin Williams, Anna Nicole Smith, etc, etc. Maybe it will move people to do something about it other than putting people in jail. (I know, I know, my liberal, bleeding heart is showing)

But jail is the answer for everything.
04-22-2016 05:56 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

Hey, nothing gets a nonviolent offenders life back on track like institutionalization.
04-22-2016 06:28 PM