Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Glitch
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

RE: Site Glitch
1. Katina Powell "Alligations" ring any fucking bells?
2. You are not part of the fantasy league and don't understand the importance of keeping certain players quiet for sportsmanship of the league, so STFU.
3. Not everyone is. He seems to be doing a lot better and him and I have been talking often and I'm feeling a lot more at ease than when he returned. But let me tell you, not EVERYONE is. You're not the only motherfucker here.
03-22-2016 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

I was the one that told him how to edit the title, but that's bullshit anyway. This isn't some uppity motherfuckin site that can't have misspellings.

Delete their posts, you won't have the problem again.

RA put the effort into the new site. If he fucks up then you can start another site, and ban me.
03-22-2016 10:05 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

I think its going to be a test on many things if we move. We're just going to have to roll with the punches and make adjustments as they come.
03-22-2016 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:05 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  I was the one that told him how to edit the title, but that's bullshit anyway. This isn't some uppity motherfuckin site that can't have misspellings.

Delete their posts, you won't have the problem again.

RA put the effort into the new site. If he fucks up then you can start another site, and ban me.

The thread title isn't a huge issue but what does it hurt to edit the thread title so that it's spelled right? That was just an example anyway.

I don't think you should have to delete someone's post to remove a sentence. This isn't a punishment to them. This is just for the league. A lot of times people do it accidentally, especially with two leagues. It's hard to keep track of at times.

I appreciate the effort that RA put into the site. The problem is that this entire site CEBE.com was created as a continuation of the fantasy league that we were in the middle of when CardinalEmpire shut down. These UofL forums were an after thought. So the issue is that we lose all of the league information. We lose statistics, results, rosters, waivers, rules, etc. Things like that are saved on the forum. That's a huge problem if we're in the middle of week 8 and we don't have a schedule, a roster, a waiver order or the results from the season any longer. I know that you don't give a shit but there are 16 people up top that do give a shit. That's why we want the most secure and reliable option.

I probably would ban you if it were my site because you're a complete dickhead to me at all times for no fucking reason at all. I try to play nice with you and converse and you constantly take shots at me and use any available opportunity to treat me like an asshole. Despite me being this "Paul Blart" mall cop character that abuses his power, you'd never even know that I've been a mod for two years. Even though Harv has been gone for 6 months and I could have banned you 6 months ago. I'm a smartass by nature and I like to keep things light and I don't get what your beef is with me to be completely honest. Because we have different political views?
03-22-2016 10:16 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

No you don't. You go on drunken rants like you're some fuckin badass. If you need me to dig them up I can.
03-22-2016 10:19 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. I have more than 2-3 beers about 5 times or less a year. Dig them up. Doesn't matter what you dig up, it's not because I'm drunk. Oh and I don't need liquid courage if that's what you're getting at. I'll give you names and phone numbers of at least a dozen people right now that will tell you that I'm the best person they've ever seen fight with or without gloves if you're talking about that kind of "badass".
03-22-2016 10:26 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

If we move I'm open to suggestions from everybody. Sounds like we have some things that really need to be discussed further.
03-22-2016 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

DHC, your interpretation of my posts is way off base. Why so defensive?
03-22-2016 10:28 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:28 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  DHC, your interpretation of my posts is way off base. Why so defensive?

Maybe misinterpreted. You made two posts saying that Lindy and I essentially weren't needed (That we just changed peoples name and there wasn't much moderating to be done) and another that said you needed to have mod powers...which I actually suggested first. Just seemed like you wanted to be sole proprietor of all things CEACC. My thing is that we spend a lot more time online and we need the ability to use moderator tools as well.
03-22-2016 10:36 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

So I'm trying to make sure I understand what you mean DHC. Is it your opinion that J should only have moderating duties as far as being commish and shouldn't be able to hand out discipline? Only you and Chris should? Or all three?

I think FD is just worried about over aggressive moderating. And yeah FD, you do seem to like to needle DHC quite a bit.

Like I said, its obvious we need to get some things out in the open and have discussions on the best way to do this
03-22-2016 10:38 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:26 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  Dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. I have more than 2-3 beers about 5 times or less a year. Dig them up. Doesn't matter what you dig up, it's not because I'm drunk. Oh and I don't need liquid courage if that's what you're getting at. I'll give you names and phone numbers of at least a dozen people right now that will tell you that I'm the best person they've ever seen fight with or without gloves if you're talking about that kind of "badass".

I'm not even sure if that's what you're talking about. I mean do you people really think as I come off as an internet tough guy? I can fight....in real life. There is no two ways about it. I don't think I ever try to bully or threaten or tough guy anyone and I don't think anyone here does that to other people. We argue about shit but its not like I'm al You're voting for hillary, I'll beat your ass!
03-22-2016 10:39 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:38 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  So I'm trying to make sure I understand what you mean DHC. Is it your opinion that J should only have moderating duties as far as being commish and shouldn't be able to hand out discipline? Only you and Chris should? Or all three?

I think FD is just worried about over aggressive moderating. And yeah FD, you do seem to like to needle DHC quite a bit.

Like I said, its obvious we need to get some things out in the open and have discussions on the best way to do this

No, I'd like to see me, J and Chris all on equal footing. You as the Admin and us as moderators. J is the commissioner of the league as well.
03-22-2016 10:40 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:38 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  So I'm trying to make sure I understand what you mean DHC. Is it your opinion that J should only have moderating duties as far as being commish and shouldn't be able to hand out discipline? Only you and Chris should? Or all three?

As far as over aggressive moderating, I've been a mod here for 2 years. I warned Berea Card one time as a joke. That's the extent of my moderating. I'm pissed off for being labeled as a fucking mall cop when most people wouldn't even know I was a mod if it wasn't for my name being a different color. And Harv has been MIA for months. I could have banned FD or anyone else 6 fucking months ago.
03-22-2016 10:43 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-22-2016 10:40 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  

No, I'd like to see me, J and Chris all on equal footing. You as the Admin and us as moderators. J is the commissioner of the league as well.

Well that's what I had planned. You two as mods over everything basically and J for the fantasy boards. Does anybody not agree with this?
03-22-2016 10:43 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 10:43 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  

Well that's what I had planned. You two as mods over everything basically and J for the fantasy boards. Does anybody not agree with this?

Yeah, that's what you and I had discussed and I think that's whats best. Additionally, if over-moderating were a problem...the admin takes care of that so trying to make that an issue is only trying to stir up shit. Also I don't see any of us handing out discipline. This is a tight knit community and we all tend to work things out. That's not why we need moderators. You're the admin, if someone needs banned...I wouldn't do it without talking it over with you or letting you make that call and do it yourself. The closest I came to legitimately warning someone the other day was in the fantasy board when Frozen said he wasn't reading anyone's post but blackbeard and was being completely ignorant. Now they started some shit at the beginning of last season too and Harv and I talked it over and decided to hold off on it.
03-22-2016 10:51 PM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

No real dog in the fight here (except for that weird mod glitch where mods in fantasy land could see the other division's draft picks during the live draft if they were so inclined, which is not cool) but I agree with the intent of what FD said earlier about abusing one's mod privileges.

The time DHC changed a couple folks' taglines made me feel a little uneasy, for lack of a better word. Also, when you edit someone else's post for spelling errors, you set a precedent. It may seem inconsequential, it's just changing one word, but what's next--editing my name? Messing around with my signature? Changing someone's comments? Are you gonna use my IP address or email to find out personal info to use against me if you get high and feel like fucking with someone? It's a slippery slope.

If anything, delete the entire post/thread if necessary but I think editing posts and comments can become dangerous. Extreme example, but it could lead to an, "Unless I post exactly like DHC wants me to post, I'm not welcome here? What else is he gonna change? Fuck that." type scenario. That's not healthy.

Edit: this is not a vote against DHC as mod, fwiw. I think the people that put the most effort into the site deserve to have first dibs, just wanted to offer my opinion about what FD said, because I think it's an important issue for discussion once the site shifts dramatically.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 11:57 PM by ULismyhothot.)
03-22-2016 11:50 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-22-2016 11:50 PM)ULismyhothot Wrote:  No real dog in the fight here (except for that weird mod glitch where mods in fantasy land could see the other division's draft picks during the live draft if they were so inclined, which is not cool) but I agree with the intent of what FD said earlier about abusing one's mod privileges.

The time DHC changed a couple folks' taglines made me feel a little uneasy, for lack of a better word. Also, when you edit someone else's post for spelling errors, you set a precedent. It may seem inconsequential, it's just changing one word, but what's next--editing my name? Messing around with my signature? Changing someone's comments? Are you gonna use my IP address or email to find out personal info to use against me if you get high and feel like fucking with someone? It's a slippery slope.

If anything, delete the entire post/thread if necessary but I think editing posts and comments can become dangerous. Extreme example, but it could lead to an, "Unless I post exactly like DHC wants me to post, I'm not welcome here? What else is he gonna change? Fuck that." type scenario. That's not healthy.

Edit: this is not a vote against DHC as mod, fwiw. I think the people that put the most effort into the site deserve to have first dibs, just wanted to offer my opinion about what FD said, because I think it's an important issue for discussion once the site shifts dramatically.

Seems like you do have a dog in the fight here and certainly seems like a vote against me. Changed people's taglines? Do you mean where I changed their custom user title to "Coach of the HotHot" or whatever so everyone could familiarize team name to user name? Because I don't recall anything else. If I did something else, it was a joke. Which by the way, Lindy screenshot blackbeard and FG's identical IP and made them his avatar. No mention of Lindy. One time I said I feel like after that performance I owe T-will a hand job. Harv or Chris changed my user title to T-Will Handyman. I didn't get bent out of shape. I laughed and didn't even change it for months....because it was a joke. What is the bolded paragraph even supposed to mean? Taking out a sentence like "I can't believe Zach LeDay is still on the waiver list" is malicious? And do you think I'm actually going to go through and edit posts for spelling errors? Like wtf. Like I don't have a full time job and full time in school. I'm sitting around and going through and changing spelling and grammatical errors in posts. If I get high and feel like fucking with someone? Jesus Christ with the assumptions. Would you guys like for me to do a breathalyzer and a piss test to moderate? Have I ever "fucked with" anyone outside of this site? Please let me know if I have. What in the actual fuck.
03-23-2016 12:24 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

You know what man? Fuck it. I'm out. Between Farmdude, HotHot, Nick Lindy, Swamp, Captain BlackBeard, and Frozen Glacier half of the active members here either don't like me or have some kind of issue with me and there are several other fence sitters. I've been accused of being a drug addict and a drunk, two things that I'm NOT, by people that don't even know me. You all are the type of motherfuckers that tell on your brother to your mom for hitting you. Can't take a joke. Fuck moderating, I don't even have a desire to even converse with people that don't fucking like me. I'm writing some shit about how I'd like for HotHot to chime in on some shit I said because I value his opinion and he's joining FD filing his list of grievances of mostly just unfounded shit and made up scenarios of why I shouldn't be a moderator. Even if he's right and it has slipped my mind...I changed someone's user title to "cockmaster" or something. BOO FUCKING HOO. Change it back. Worried that I might edit a post a take a guy that's available on the waiver list out. And a whole list of other just made up situations that have never even happened. Fuck this place and fuck most of you guys except about Chris, RA, BC, CAD, Jrye, JD and a few others. Most of the rest of you can fuck each other with a cactus.
03-23-2016 01:03 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Paranoid much?

JRye: "I don't think we need a mod."

DHC: "He wants my job."
03-23-2016 07:46 AM
Red Alert Offline
-

*sigh*
03-23-2016 08:23 AM
CardsAllDay13 Offline
Coach of Anyone But Kentucky

(03-22-2016 10:36 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  
(03-22-2016 10:28 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  DHC, your interpretation of my posts is way off base. Why so defensive?

Maybe misinterpreted. You made two posts saying that Lindy and I essentially weren't needed (That we just changed peoples name and there wasn't much moderating to be done) and another that said you needed to have mod powers...which I actually suggested first. Just seemed like you wanted to be sole proprietor of all things CEACC. My thing is that we spend a lot more time online and we need the ability to use moderator tools as well.

Not trying to stir it up here so if it comes off as that, my apologies. I dont think that j was trying to say that you weren't needed, but more trying to say that, outside of the league, I don't think that the posters here have done anything that would warrant a moderator needing to change anything. I don't think it was a shot at your or chris, but more of a thumbs up for everyone being able to get along and not "need" a mod. . That being said, I don't think he meant that we don't need one, just in case something needs to be changed or moderated. You still have to have people with those authorities even though we haven't really needed anything to be moderated, at least in the short time I have been here.
03-23-2016 08:25 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(03-23-2016 01:03 AM)DieHardCards Wrote:  ...fuck each other with a cactus.
^^I'm just glad the cactus tradition has lived on. It was worth the ban.

Come on back, DHC. If I didn’t kinda know you, I’d be annoyed that you’ve made me out to be an asshole based on a couple harmless posts. I want thread add/delete privileges in fantasy land, that’s it. I don’t think much moderating is needed, because we’re a pretty tight knit group (as far as message boards go) even though we don’t get along. That doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be mods - it just means whoever is the mod(s) will have a very easy job to do. You don’t have to worry about UK trolls or complete assholes coming here just to flame. Sure, people like to stir shit up from time to time, but you have to admit the ribbing from long time posters makes it a little more interesting.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 08:38 AM by J-Rye_UL.)
03-23-2016 08:36 AM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-22-2016 11:50 PM)ULismyhothot Wrote:  No real dog in the fight here (except for that weird mod glitch where mods in fantasy land could see the other division's draft picks during the live draft if they were so inclined, which is not cool) but I agree with the intent of what FD said earlier about abusing one's mod privileges.

FWIW, I do agree that mods shouldn't be editing peoples posts as they see fit. If you don't like what somebody has said just delete the entire post and replace it with a mod note like "knock it off" or "you've been warned" or some shit like that.

With that said, I wonder if up on the fantasy section there would actually be a need to edit someone's post from time to time as a function of running the league? Maybe someone posts something once in awhile that they shouldn't? Idk, I'm asking you all that who play?

I think we're putting the cart ahead of the horse here a bit and DHC feels like he's getting shit on a little. He's opinionated, sarcastic and head strong and I think that worries some people. But how about we actually let him be a mod with full privileges for awhile and see how it goes?

I'm interested in hearing about that mod glitch. What was the work around?
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 08:40 AM by Red Alert.)
03-23-2016 08:38 AM
CardsAllDay13 Offline

I have no problem with all 3 dhc, chris, j being the mods. I'm actually in support of any combo/all of them.
03-23-2016 08:55 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(03-23-2016 08:38 AM)Red Alert Wrote:  With that said, I wonder if up on the fantasy section there would actually be a need to edit someone's post from time to time as a function of running the league? Maybe someone posts something once in awhile that they shouldn't? Idk, I'm asking you all that who play?
Here’s a couple scenarios that need editing/deleted up in the 10 sided dice section:
-When someone points out players during the draft – before they’re drafted
-When someone points out free agents in one division while they’re available in the other division – intent is obvious when it’s a foul
-When someone drafts one player, then goes back and edits their post to draft a different player. Harv did this – as a mod – who’s going to stop him? It was the 7th round, so we let it go
-When an owner gets berated over a trade and then tells the moderator to fuck himself with a cactus

But the primary reason to moderate fantasy land is to sticky important threads and keep those threads updated over time. Right now, Harv has everything locked on this site so he and only he can update those important threads. It’s a clusterfuck up there because he left us hanging.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 09:02 AM by J-Rye_UL.)
03-23-2016 09:00 AM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-23-2016 09:00 AM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  
(03-23-2016 08:38 AM)Red Alert Wrote:  With that said, I wonder if up on the fantasy section there would actually be a need to edit someone's post from time to time as a function of running the league? Maybe someone posts something once in awhile that they shouldn't? Idk, I'm asking you all that who play?
Here’s a couple scenarios that need editing/deleted up in the 10 sided dice section:
-When someone points out players during the draft – before they’re drafted
-When someone points out free agents in one division while they’re available in the other division – intent is obvious when it’s a foul
-When someone drafts one player, then goes back and edits their post to draft a different player. Harv did this – as a mod – who’s going to stop him? It was the 7th round, so we let it go
-When an owner gets berated over a trade and then tells the moderator to fuck himself with a cactus

But the primary reason to moderate fantasy land is to sticky important threads and keep those threads updated over time. Right now, Harv has everything locked on this site so he and only he can update those important threads. It’s a clusterfuck up there because he left us hanging.

OK, so sounds like that editing posts is actually a necessary function from time to time up on the fantasy boards. I think the worry has more to do with the regular boards. I think everything will be fine if we move.
03-23-2016 09:11 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

My problem with a couple of posters is that when they want to argue/discuss something with you that they change what was actually said so that their point is more easily made. That's a grade school tactic that doesn't belong on a site like this. Don't expect to poke someone without getting poked back a little harder. When someone says they are good with how Pitino (or anyone) handled something, don't accuse the poster of hanging on Pitino's balls without expecting to get slammed back.

I will admit that one of my issues here is that I don't take that type of criticism well. I can take being told I'm wrong, but I can't take being told I'm wrong because of my unwavering support of said position. (that didn't come out exactly how I wanted it but not sure how to put it exactly). I guess too much time spent on political forums with complete idiots will do that to me.
03-23-2016 09:38 AM
Red Alert Offline
-

I'm trying to get to that point where I just keep my political beliefs to myself and stay above the fray. The current political state in this country is certainly making it easier. Just really apathetic. I don't care to hear why I'm an idiot for leaning towards voting for Hillary any more than somebody wants me to explain why I think they're an idiot for voting for Donald Trump. I think I've done a pretty good job so far since I've been back compared to how I used to be. I've known a couple of people in my life that I had no idea whatsoever what their political beliefs were. Who they were going to vote for. What their thoughts were on guns, abortion, taxes, etc...They just flat out refused to talk about it. I always admired that.
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 10:12 AM by Red Alert.)
03-23-2016 10:09 AM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

DHC, I wasn't shitting on you, just offering constructive criticism to any future mod. FD was shitting on you with the Paul Blart stuff, but I do agree with him that while trivial, it's important not to outright change someone's personal info on a site, even if it's a joke, as it has the potential to make someone uncomfortable and since most of us don't know you at all, it does make one wonder what else you're gonna mess with. Same goes for Lindy or whomever.

03-23-2016 10:22 AM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

Internet= serious business
03-23-2016 01:23 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Finally someone understands.
03-23-2016 02:22 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline

I have transferred the TIDBITS thread to cardinalepire.net in case we decide to go over there. lots of good stuff in that thread
03-23-2016 07:43 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

(03-22-2016 10:51 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  
(03-22-2016 10:43 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  

Yeah, that's what you and I had discussed and I think that's whats best. Additionally, if over-moderating were a problem...the admin takes care of that so trying to make that an issue is only trying to stir up shit. Also I don't see any of us handing out discipline. This is a tight knit community and we all tend to work things out. That's not why we need moderators. You're the admin, if someone needs banned...I wouldn't do it without talking it over with you or letting you make that call and do it yourself. The closest I came to legitimately warning someone the other day was in the fantasy board when Frozen said he wasn't reading anyone's post but blackbeard and was being completely ignorant. Now they started some shit at the beginning of last season too and Harv and I talked it over and decided to hold off on it.

Other way around the other day. That was Blackbeards comment, but it was probably because I dont think he likes hearing bad things about sir trips a lot (Grayson Allen)
03-28-2016 04:53 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

I hope DHC comes back, would hate to see him go. He needs to lighten up a bit, why do Internet message board comments get him so pissed off?
03-28-2016 10:12 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

(03-28-2016 10:12 PM)tarheels15 Wrote:  I hope DHC comes back, would hate to see him go. He needs to lighten up a bit, why do Internet message board comments get him so pissed off?

Even though it may seem like it, I really don't have a problem with him. He does great work on the fantasy bball stuff. Always fun to have a bit of a rival though Cool
03-29-2016 12:07 AM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

(03-28-2016 10:12 PM)tarheels15 Wrote:  I hope DHC comes back, would hate to see him go. He needs to lighten up a bit, why do Internet message board comments get him so pissed off?

We all have our buttons from time to time I guess, but I'd say he demands the same courtesy when he's the one giving people shit. Maybe he had a rough week or works with UK fans? I dunno. Hope you come back, dhc. Like you have said before, nothing personal just Internet.
03-29-2016 12:26 AM