Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Site Glitch
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

Site Glitch
In case you missed it this afternoon, we had a brief outage on the site. Not sure if it was just a server glitch or the first signs of a hosting/admin/payment issue. To make sure we ALL stay together wherever this boat is headed, what is our final call? Are we all heading to CardinalEmpire.net? Should we set up a Facebook group or share contact information (I think J may have done this at least for the league) to allow someone to get in touch if/when we decide on a new home? FD, have you backed up all those mammories... assuming there is a remote hard drive large enough to store that much flesh?
03-21-2016 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

RE: Site Glitch
I like keeping my lives separate. Don't worry about the tats, I basically get them all from one site. I'm down with .net. I noticed Swampdaddy is over there chomping on the bit.
03-21-2016 03:41 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

I'd be leaning towards a host issue than some pending sign that Harv is about to take it down. Or maybe he's fucking around on the back end and about to do an upgrade?Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 05:15 PM by Red Alert.)
03-21-2016 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

So who's running the fantasy part?
03-21-2016 04:10 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 04:10 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  So who's running the fantasy part?

If we go to CE.net? I presume whoever's running it now or whoever they(the fantasy geeks) want. Somebody(s) would have to be mods for that part of the board. Lord knows they need it. Whenever I feel like an asshole I go read old fantasy board posts and feel better. lol
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 04:36 PM by Red Alert.)
03-21-2016 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

I might have to try that, never been up there. That Frozen guy seems like a dolt.
03-21-2016 04:46 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 04:46 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  I might have to try that, never been up there. That Frozen guy seems like a dolt.

You should see his brother. Just look for the guys with the most negative rep.
03-21-2016 04:49 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

LOL. You guys crack me up. If we're migrating to CE.net if the lights go out, I assume we're sticking with the original plan of Me and Chris moderating, right? J will stay commish. I was already a mod over there unless RA took my priveleges away. But I'm also open to getting a FB group together or whatever you want to do. Most of you probably want me to get lost in the transition but I'm like herpes motherfuckers. I had Lindy on my FB at one time and I think that bastard deleted me.

Also Frozen and Blackbeard....they're really something. Supposed brothers that post from the same IP and like vote for each other and act like soulmates most of the time. lol.
03-21-2016 05:30 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline
Coach of Anyone But Kentucky

I'm voting for the new site. I like it and it seems ready for us. Maybe I'll move tidbits to the new site for us at least.
03-21-2016 05:41 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Maybe you should move deez nuts to the new site.
03-21-2016 05:49 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

I'm down with RA's site. I'd like to have add/delete privileges to run the league and update info though. Chris and DHC just want to mod so they can change names
03-21-2016 05:51 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline

Change team names?
03-21-2016 05:52 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(03-21-2016 05:51 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  I'm down with RA's site. I'd like to have add/delete privileges to run the league and update info though. Chris and DHC just want to mod so they can change names

We have NO privileges here. We have the title of moderator and we can change our name and edit people's custom user title. It was completely pointless and I tried to get more privileges and it never happened. Over at RA's site, I actually have full mod privileges. And I'm sure RA would have no problem giving you that as well. He said he was cool with whatever we wanted. But we have the ability to modify posts, titles, delete and lock threads, pin things. It's actually really awesome to be able to do something.....
03-21-2016 05:55 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 05:30 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  LOL. You guys crack me up. If we're migrating to CE.net if the lights go out, I assume we're sticking with the original plan of Me and Chris moderating, right? J will stay commish. I was already a mod over there unless RA took my priveleges away. But I'm also open to getting a FB group together or whatever you want to do. Most of you probably want me to get lost in the transition but I'm like herpes motherfuckers. I had Lindy on my FB at one time and I think that bastard deleted me.

Also Frozen and Blackbeard....they're really something. Supposed brothers that post from the same IP and like vote for each other and act like soulmates most of the time. lol.

Sounds fine to me. You and Chris will be mods and J will have to be one too on the fantasy boards to do the comish stuff.
03-21-2016 05:59 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 05:55 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 05:51 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  I'm down with RA's site. I'd like to have add/delete privileges to run the league and update info though. Chris and DHC just want to mod so they can change names

We have NO privileges here. We have the title of moderator and we can change our name and edit people's custom user title. It was completely pointless and I tried to get more privileges and it never happened. Over at RA's site, I actually have full mod privileges. And I'm sure RA would have no problem giving you that as well. He said he was cool with whatever we wanted. But we have the ability to modify posts, titles, delete and lock threads, pin things. It's actually really awesome to be able to do something.....

Yep full mod privileges. So be good mods OK fellas? lol

And with that said I'm going to try to be the best admin I can be. I know there is some hesitancy from some to move over to my site. Like this motherfucker was losing his shit a little over a year ago. How can we trust him? Totally understand. All I can give you is my word. I am in alot better place and I'm working on getting even better. Believe it or not Harv asked me along time ago if I wanted to be a mod. I turned him down. So he had faith in me at one time. I'd like to think I'm getting back to being that person. I take this really seriously.

Assuming we move....
03-21-2016 06:07 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

I for one am not surprised that DHC's idol is Paul Blart.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 06:13 PM by Farmdude.)
03-21-2016 06:13 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline

(03-21-2016 06:07 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  

And with that said I'm going to try to be the best admin I can be. I know there is some hesitancy from some to move over to my site. Like this motherfucker was losing his shit a little over a year ago. How can we trust him? Totally understand. All I can give you is my word. I am in alot better place and I'm working on getting even better. Believe it or not Harv asked me along time ago if I wanted to be a mod. I turned him down. So he had faith in me at one time. I'd like to think I'm getting back to being that person. I take this really seriously.

Assuming we move....

Must have been well before I came on board....
03-21-2016 06:34 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 06:34 PM)CardsAllDay13 Wrote:  

Assuming we move....

Not really. But I'm totally cool if you don't go digging back thru old shit looking to find it. No really, please don't.
03-21-2016 06:37 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

The quickest way to shut down a site is to give a Paul Blart wannabe any power.
03-21-2016 06:39 PM
CardsAllDay13 Offline

(03-21-2016 06:37 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 06:34 PM)CardsAllDay13 Wrote:  

Assuming we move....

Not really. But I'm totally cool if you don't go digging back thru old shit looking to find it. No really, please don't.

Ok that's cool. I'll take your word for it
03-21-2016 06:41 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

I wasn't around for the things Red Alert is talking about either. Seems like a nice dude, and is a solid poster so I trust him.
03-21-2016 06:45 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 06:39 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  The quickest way to shut down a site is to give a Paul Blart wannabe any power.

lol what?
03-21-2016 07:57 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

(03-21-2016 07:57 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 06:39 PM)Farmdude Wrote:  The quickest way to shut down a site is to give a Paul Blart wannabe any power.

lol what?
He's referring to DHC
03-21-2016 08:01 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 08:01 PM)tarheels15 Wrote:  
(03-21-2016 07:57 PM)Red Alert Wrote:  

lol what?
He's referring to DHC

I know. I'm missing the Paul Blart angle though.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 08:09 PM by Red Alert.)
03-21-2016 08:03 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Moderator = mall cop. In the early days that's what we called over exuberant mods. Just yankin chains.
03-21-2016 08:15 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I don't know who Paul blast is but I've been a mod here for like two years?
03-21-2016 08:50 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

(03-21-2016 06:45 PM)tarheels15 Wrote:  I wasn't around for the things Red Alert is talking about either. Seems like a nice dude, and is a solid poster so I trust him.

Appreciate that. Why is it that every UNC fan I meet is cool and Dookies are dickheads? Been my experience anyway. And I lived in NC for 2 years at Bragg. It's almost like the way it has to be. It's like Duke and UK are the dark side. Just assholes. Weird. One of my best friends up here is from the Charlotte area and is a diehard UNC fan. We always root for each other. I just dont feel that dickheadishnes from the UNC side.
03-22-2016 12:23 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Spittin' image.

[Image: Paul-Blart-1-1024x819.jpg]
03-22-2016 08:01 AM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

Any of you who support Kevin James' movie career are no better than the people who support Madea movies and Kevin Hart. Toss the Real Housewives' 18 versions to that mix. Basically, I support eugenics to wipe out fans of these franchises.
03-22-2016 08:15 AM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Didn't know he had a movie career. Isn't America great?
03-22-2016 08:23 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I just took FD off of ignore yesterday, but he might go back today.
03-22-2016 10:35 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

There's really no one worth moderating on this forum. Even frozen and captain are nowhere near the level of troll lurking on the main board
03-22-2016 01:46 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I couldn't give a fuck less really. Seems like you want to be a mod really bad. Take us useless mall cops (me and Lindy) away and you moderate and be commissioner and King of the world. I feel like pulling a Harv about 87% of the time around here anyway.
03-22-2016 03:41 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Me? A moderator? Dafuq?
03-22-2016 03:57 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

No. J. He's made two comments about how me and Chris really aren't necessary and another about how he needs mod privileges.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 04:20 PM by DieHardCards.)
03-22-2016 04:19 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

Well he is right.
03-22-2016 04:31 PM
Red Alert Offline
-

I assume if any moderating needs to be done it would probably be on the fantasy boards. The last person I can think of that needed moderating on the regular boards was ummmm.......me.
03-22-2016 04:47 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

LOL
03-22-2016 04:49 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

You know there are a lot more things on a forum that are to be "moderated" other than rampant assholeness, right? Editing thread titles, editing posts, locking threads, Moving threads, sticking and unsticking threads, things like that. I don't foresee anyone getting banned. But there needs to be a check and balances system in place ESPECIALLY for the fantasy board and me and chris are perfect for that. J doesn't need to be commish and complete commander in chief. This was Harv's site so he kind of played that role and it caused problems at times (including J being banned from the league). A check in balance system in the fantasy portion is much needed. We don't all agree on things. There were preseason player reports being leaked to the entire league by Chris and had I been able to I would have locked that thread. It was unnecessary. We love this league because everyone does their own homework. Coincidentally, towards the end of the season and maybe even in the tournament Nick Lindy posted about a player that was a free agent and Chris was a little upset that he exposed that player and it wasn't even intentional but Chris or I could have deleted that post. Chris and I also both do things like running different polls, advanced numbers, write-ups,etc and according to stats spend three times or more online on the site than J. Like I said earlier in this thread, two things--I don't give a shit about moderating the forum but for the sake of the fantasy league which drives a considerable amount of traffic and users, Jrye can't be king of the world up there. There was already a ton of friction with the commish switch and the way that some things were handled earlier in the season. I know that I'm not very well liked so if the CEBE patrons want to replace me with someone they like better, feel free. But I think with your past transgressions, RA, the entire community would feel more comfortable if there were a checks and balances system in both parts of the forum. Harv being the owner, admin, commissioner of the league and most active member was a little much. It wore on him I'm sure. And there were times when things (Like J's ban) were done to prove a point because.....what the fuck is anyone going to do about it? That was the only negative. That's why I (and others) rallied to bring J back to join us.
03-22-2016 09:49 PM
Farmdude Offline
That's sure a big pickle

1) Don't edit a thread title
2) Don't EVER edit a post, if inappropriate delete it, don't ever FUCKING change a thing I say.
3) I'm completely at ease with RA.
03-22-2016 09:54 PM