Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Betting Thread
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

RE: Betting Thread
I know anything can happen but that doesn't mean it's reasonable.

Like someone said the other day, we're really going to lose our shit when a 6 seed wins the title.
02-10-2016 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

Somewhat relevant to the thread. KenPom had Duke as a 2 point favorite over UofL at Cameron, and a 7 point dog to UofL in the YUM - so a 9 point swing. I'd say Duke's homecourt advantage is worth a lot more than UofL's though. Maybe Duke +6 at home, UofL +3 at home. That place is intimidating. I'd want to throw the ball at a fan's face when their all waving their hands at me from 3 feet away while I'm throwing the ball inbounds.
02-10-2016 11:03 AM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

think I got this from the book "Scorecasting," which is a great read, that no sport's officials are more influenced by home court/crowd than college basketball.

It makes sense; college officials vary from somewhat competent to complete garbage to showmen with whom coaches have relationships with but who change the way they call the game in the final minutes, more likely to call techs, etc. And officials work games for different leagues back-to-back-to-back, sometimes calling 10 games in 12 day spans, via red eye travel. Every sport has issues, but college sports have so much variance from game to game, a lot of which stems from officiating.
02-10-2016 12:15 PM