Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best picks and worst picks.
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

Best picks and worst picks.
I'll start off individually

Best Pick- Davon Reed at the end of the 8th was an absolute steal

Worst-Not taking a big man in the second, and third rounds

In the Atlantic
Best-Jaron Blossomgame in the third is a steal, Justin Bibbs in the 8th was a pretty good get, Seth Allen is a very solid sixth rounder, Jamel Artis in the 3rd was a pretty good one too, Jackson in the 3rd deserves to be up there

Worst-Sean Obi in the 4th by far. Sorry Deano I don't think he is really gonna play much. Didnt like DaJuan Coleman in the 4th(little high risk), there were better options than Brice Johnson with the second pick Imo,

Coastal
Best-Devin Thomas in the 3rd, Eli Carter in the sixth, Holmes was good for both leagues as a 7th, Perrantes in the sixth is pretty good. Think he ups his numers

Worst-Justin Jackson in the 1st, Chase Jeter 3, White in the fifth

No one take it personal, just my opinion. Feel free to share yours
10-07-2015 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

RE: Best picks and worst picks.
J rye and I are going to do write ups soon
10-07-2015 05:56 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

Disagree with Brice Johnson. The other first rounders all have questions that could lead to a drop in numbers or too much risk.
10-07-2015 06:01 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

As a Heels fan, I like Brice Johnson, and he's incredibly productive. My main problem with him has always been can he keep himself out of foul trouble to play 27-28 minutes a night.
10-07-2015 06:11 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

(10-07-2015 06:11 PM)tarheels15 Wrote:  As a Heels fan, I like Brice Johnson, and he's incredibly productive. My main problem with him has always been can he keep himself out of foul trouble to play 27-28 minutes a night.

If he can make the jump to 30ish min a game, I think he could be player of the year in the ACC
10-07-2015 06:13 PM
captainblackbeard13 Offline
Coach of the Marauders

I have almost completed my own summary of the Atlantic, but overall I would say Ingram in the second round was a pretty good steal. In the coastal Brice Johnson and Devin Thomas in the 2nd and 3rd rounds were GREAT picks then. The Wheats pretty much screwed over everyone in the Atlantic when he took the two best centers on the turn, it was a great move that should pay off big time. That's the main reason I scrambled and drafted Coleman so early. Coleman should be a beast down low so it probably should still work out for me. I think Damion Lee in the first round is a big risk. Most transfers from small schools have to take a while to adjust to ACC ball so he could be a flop or he could come in on fire.
10-07-2015 06:26 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

(10-07-2015 06:01 PM)FrozenGlacier Wrote:  Disagree with Brice Johnson. The other first rounders all have questions that could lead to a drop in numbers or too much risk.
So Brice Johnson is the only player in the ACC who doesn't have competition for minutes and production. Seems reasonable
10-07-2015 07:01 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(10-07-2015 05:56 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  J rye and I are going to do write ups soon
Ill let them take the reigns. Sounds like Captain already has something
10-07-2015 07:02 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

(10-07-2015 07:01 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 06:01 PM)FrozenGlacier Wrote:  Disagree with Brice Johnson. The other first rounders all have questions that could lead to a drop in numbers or too much risk.
So Brice Johnson is the only player in the ACC who doesn't have competition for minutes and production. Seems reasonable

I think we're ignoring Isaiah Hicks and Johnson's lingering foot problem.
10-07-2015 07:15 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

(10-07-2015 07:01 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  

Brice Johnson avg 24 min a game last year. If that goes down then NC sucks balls this year. Don't see that happening. Who would take his min, Joel James? Also, Brice should be counted on even more this year with Tokoto (sp?) gone.

Marcus Paige- great pick, I would have taken him but he was gone
Brice Johnson- I took
Damion Lee- way too risky this high IMO. Could be special or a flop
Silent G- another good pick, but I decided to go with a better rb that I lacked last season
XRM- I think will drop off a few pts this year with Bacon and Bookert alongside him. Assists could go up but didn't like possibly dropping some points
D. Jackson- too risky, lost best players on team. Could go up in pts, but risky if teams only have to guard him and August
Auguste- similar to Brice but I though Brice would increase production with more min and is more reliable since he isn't a true C
Devin Thomas- with Mitoglou stepping up and Doral moore making an early impact I felt could decrease in pts and most imp rebounds. Plus I took a C first last season so unless Okafor was on the board or Christmas I don't think any of the C were worth a first rounder
10-07-2015 07:23 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

Who's going to take his minutes? The same guy who took them last season. Hicks
10-07-2015 08:13 PM