Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pre-Season Coaches poll Season 8
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

RE: Pre-Season Coaches poll Season 8
Love the animosity so far. This should be an interesting season. Banter seems to always die down around the holidays and into winter.
10-08-2015 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

(10-08-2015 02:58 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:57 PM)jdryan03 Wrote:  We should all have a real basketball game to settle it! Battle Royal!

I say we meet in Louisville, so I don't have to buy a plane ticket.

1st round point guard right here son!
Hold up, this is going to be fun...

ChrisLindy ... you're the James Robinson of Middletown Christian Church. Pure fundamentals and great position defender. Don't leave him open.

jdryan ... I'd have to go with Justin Jackson out of UNC. Lengthy guard who can get after it on the glass. Streaky shooter, but can fill up the box score. Needs to develop a post game.

CardsAllDay ... gets the glorious honor of being Steve Vasturia. He's the X factor. Don't let his baby face fool you. He's an assassin.

Harv ... It's been a while since we've played, but I have to go with Tyler Roberson. Deceptively effective in the paint. Jack of all trades.
10-08-2015 04:02 PM
captainblackbeard13 Offline
Coach of the Marauders

(10-08-2015 08:26 AM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 10:44 PM)captainblackbeard13 Wrote:  I dont know where this hate is coming from but I think your taking this all wrong. Since you can't follow and got defensive for no reason Ill just stop.
By all means, continue. I'm really interested to hear what you actually meant.

I must have misterpreted what you said about the two of the best teams in the CEBE "sucking to be UK", "being overhyped", and "choking". My bad

edit: How does a fantasy team get overhyped?

I don't care to get into this again, but I'll try to explain what I meant.

It's pretty simple, DHC trashes our teams bc we sucked in the regular season. My whole point was that would you rather be stellar in the regular season and get upset in the first round of the tourney or would you rather suck in the regular season and make some waves in the tourney. It's just a question about one season not a career. Naturally I would prefer to make waves in the tourney and I figured you and Harv would agree with me after your early exits last year.
10-08-2015 04:19 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(10-08-2015 04:19 PM)captainblackbeard13 Wrote:  I don't care to get into this again, but I'll try to explain what I meant.

It's pretty simple, DHC trashes our teams bc we sucked in the regular season. My whole point was that would you rather be stellar in the regular season and get upset in the first round of the tourney or would you rather suck in the regular season and make some waves in the tourney. It's just a question about one season not a career. Naturally I would prefer to make waves in the tourney and I figured you and Harv would agree with me after your early exits last year.
If we're talking about ...

Having the 2nd best team and losing because of a snowstorm
vs.
Having the 15th best team and winning because of a snow storm

... then I'll take that 2 seed and 13 weeks of enjoyment every year. Snowstorm be damned. One week of luck does not a season make.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 04:29 PM by J-Rye_UL.)
10-08-2015 04:28 PM
Coach of the Marauders

(10-08-2015 04:28 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 04:19 PM)captainblackbeard13 Wrote:  I don't care to get into this again, but I'll try to explain what I meant.

vs.

... then I'll take that 2 seed and 13 weeks of enjoyment every year. Snowstorm be damned. One week of luck does not a season make.

You and I treat the season completely different then, which is fine. Completely off topic, I looked up your matchup with FG and if you add in McClean's stats for that game that got postponed you all actually tied. That excuse of losing bc of a snowstorm dosent really work in my mind.
10-08-2015 04:48 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

vs.

And this is my point. It's not like things came together. You lucked out because of a snow storm.
10-08-2015 04:49 PM
Coach of the Marauders

(10-08-2015 04:49 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  

vs.

And this is my point. It's not like things came together. You lucked out because of a snow storm.

You must be high bc I faced Harv and I legitimately beat him, not bc of a snowstorm. I actually beat him in a hard fought even game.
10-08-2015 04:56 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I was referring to Glacier. My apologies.
10-08-2015 05:00 PM
jdryan03 Offline
Coach of the Premature Shooters

(10-08-2015 02:58 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:57 PM)jdryan03 Wrote:  We should all have a real basketball game to settle it! Battle Royal!

I say we meet in Louisville, so I don't have to buy a plane ticket.

1st round point guard right here son!

The thing is Chris... Point guards can't be only shooters haha! Even if you do make about 50%.
10-08-2015 05:10 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(10-08-2015 04:48 PM)captainblackbeard13 Wrote:  

vs.

You and I treat the season completely different then, which is fine. Completely off topic, I looked up your matchup with FG and if you add in McClean's stats for that game that got postponed you all actually tied. That excuse of losing bc of a snowstorm dosent really work in my mind.
Let's assume it was a tie ... who would have advanced?
10-08-2015 05:15 PM
needabuzz Offline
Enormous Member

(10-08-2015 02:37 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  This ballot stuff alone is getting pointless. Glacier put me last of course. He and Blackbeard also voted for each other for coach of the year last season. Buzz also put me last, because I skipped him I guess. He put Lindy second from last. There's really no point doing these things if you're going to let personal vendetta take priority.

Also I'm far from the greatest. And you were shit talking me and my division mates before we could even see it. And talking about how you would own our division. Which is laughable.

Every freaking year you give me the lowest ranking on all your write ups and reviews. How is that any different?
10-08-2015 05:22 PM
needabuzz Offline
Enormous Member

Also in the end last year the composite votes were pretty damn accurate so maybe my votes counteract people that are also wrong on teams.
10-08-2015 05:24 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I picked you 13th last year and you finished 10th. I have nothing against you. I've never picked anyone because I like them or I don't like them. If I have a problem with someone, I'll say it. I won't passive aggressively rate your team last.
10-08-2015 05:43 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

I may have taken this a little too seriously with scouting haha. I made some of my picks based on KenPom officiency.
10-08-2015 05:53 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

Proposal on the coaches poll to take out biases for coaches' own teams... eliminate the vote altogether instead of having them place themselves. Won't get rid of other voting issues, but anyone who isn't voting themselves #2 in this set-up is just hurting their own ranking.
10-08-2015 06:21 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

(10-08-2015 05:22 PM)needabuzz Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:37 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  This ballot stuff alone is getting pointless. Glacier put me last of course. He and Blackbeard also voted for each other for coach of the year last season. Buzz also put me last, because I skipped him I guess. He put Lindy second from last. There's really no point doing these things if you're going to let personal vendetta take priority.

Also I'm far from the greatest. And you were shit talking me and my division mates before we could even see it. And talking about how you would own our division. Which is laughable.

Every freaking year you give me the lowest ranking on all your write ups and reviews. How is that any different?

Valid point. What's funny is DHC actually think I voted him 16th cause I don't like him. I did it last year and this year cause I legitimately think he will be last. I don't like his draft and his overall team. Preseason ballots are all about who you think will do good. I bet not one person got every team right come the end of the season, but as a whole we did pretty good.
10-08-2015 06:40 PM
jhmoss1812 Offline
Coach of the Hebrew Hammer

haha some of you guys are so sensitive
10-08-2015 06:42 PM
FrozenGlacier Offline
Coach of the Rum Pirates

3 people put you last, maybe because your team isn't as good as you think.
10-08-2015 06:42 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

I just like the preseason polls so we can look back at the end and see how wrong we were. That's why I'm loving all the bold predictions in here. It's priceless later in the season
10-08-2015 07:00 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Done arguing and fighting. Best of luck to ALL of you. I'm glad you're all in the league and I'm glad that you're all active enough to talk shit. That's what makes it fun. I don't want to play with a bunch of guys that make ten posts in the draft thread and then check in every week (or sometimes less often) and drop their lineup off. One final note, if any of the 3 guys that voted me last (Didn't know there was 3 but maybe I have another coming. lol) believe that I will finish 16th in the final standings....let's put a Benjamin Franklin on it?
10-08-2015 08:30 PM
needabuzz Offline
Enormous Member

(10-08-2015 05:43 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  I picked you 13th last year and you finished 10th. I have nothing against you. I've never picked anyone because I like them or I don't like them. If I have a problem with someone, I'll say it. I won't passive aggressively rate your team last.

DHC last year you didn't put me dead last you are right. Look at your Coastal review though. Who did you pick dead last? How accurate were you in your assesment? Also let's us please look at all the many threads about my first two picks? Well my second pick ended up being the key player. Where was your Benjamin bet on this?

Maybe you don't do it for spite. I suppose you just leave your spite to setting an alarm to wake up at 4:52 AM to jump me on an a 8th round draft pick. I am 100% positive that you only did the draft for spite as you even mentioned on the draft talk thread but not in your assesment of my team.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 05:14 AM by needabuzz.)
10-09-2015 04:53 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline

DHC, how are we looking here? I'm curious to see what everyone thinks, and make my ballot available for public mockery
10-09-2015 11:03 AM
needabuzz Offline
Enormous Member

By all means you can post mine too.
10-09-2015 01:50 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I've been really busy. I'll get an update on this later on.
10-09-2015 02:12 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Okay, here's where we are. Missing complete ballots from Dragons, Bitches, and Guardians. Missing POTY from Ballers, Shooters, Wheats, and Empire. Missing Utility from Buzz. Have the coaches poll but not the conference team from the Fugly's.

*Utility must be taken in the 6th round or greater in both drafts. Same as the rule has always been.

If you guys can get this in ASAP, that'd be greattttt.
10-09-2015 09:35 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

We have 3 players tied with POTY votes. One player is locked in to be all-conference regardless of the remaining ballots. The other two have equal numbers of POTY votes but both are in danger of getting POTY but NOT making the all-conference team. As a matter of fact they are fighting for the second slot at that position and are two votes behind the leader (whom has no POTY votes). That player is most likely locked in which means that we will most likely have a player with multiple POTY vote get left off of the all-conference team in lieu of a player with no POTY votes. It seems there are a few players that some are ALL IN for and other coaches don't think much of them at all.

Votes for coaches are ALL over the place. There are two coaches that are sitting out front and 6-7 that are sitting at an average ranking of 7-8. Quite a few teams with 1,2 votes and also double digit votes.
10-09-2015 10:41 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Mike and dean are on now and critch was recently. Any chance we can get your ballot?
10-09-2015 11:23 PM
Deanfor3! Offline
Coach of the Dragons

(10-09-2015 11:23 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  Mike and dean are on now and critch was recently. Any chance we can get your ballot?

sent
10-09-2015 11:35 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Thank you deano.
10-09-2015 11:39 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I have a question for everyone. We have several players that are receiving votes at two different positions. Do you guys think I should make the 5 guys receiving the most votes fit if possible? I don't want to spoil the voting or influence anyone with specifics. But if one guy has 3 votes as a G and 4 votes as a forward, he may get left off even though he was on 7 total ballots. I don't think that it should work that way. I think I can make it work out because we are seeing similar things with F/C splitting votes. What do you guys think?
10-09-2015 11:45 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

If you can put the top 5 vote getters into a logical starting 5, I support that. We've made quite a bit of flexibility among the star players this season.
10-09-2015 11:48 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(10-09-2015 11:48 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  If you can put the top 5 vote getters into a logical starting 5, I support that. We've made quite a bit of flexibility among the star players this season.

That's what I was thinking as well. Just want to get everyone's thoughts before I take those liberties. Send me your POTY also please.
10-09-2015 11:52 PM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

Top 5 vote getters no matter what, imo. Real teams don't always have a true C or a SF, etc.
10-10-2015 08:33 AM
nicklindy Offline
Coach of the Wheats

(10-09-2015 11:48 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  If you can put the top 5 vote getters into a logical starting 5, I support that. We've made quite a bit of flexibility among the star players this season.

+1
10-10-2015 08:35 AM
Coach of the Marauders

(10-09-2015 11:45 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  I have a question for everyone. We have several players that are receiving votes at two different positions. Do you guys think I should make the 5 guys receiving the most votes fit if possible? I don't want to spoil the voting or influence anyone with specifics. But if one guy has 3 votes as a G and 4 votes as a forward, he may get left off even though he was on 7 total ballots. I don't think that it should work that way. I think I can make it work out because we are seeing similar things with F/C splitting votes. What do you guys think?

I'd say that all the votes count. So in your example if 7 votes was enough to be on the team then he makes it. I'd then put him at whatever position the player received the most votes, so in you example the player would be a F.
10-10-2015 10:08 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Still waiting on a utility from Buzz. He was on today. Still waiting on full ballots from the Guardians and the Bitches. We'll make the deadline tomorrow at 7pm. I'll hopefully release the results by 8pm.
10-10-2015 08:07 PM
@critchelow Offline
Coach of Critch's Bitches

Ballots in.
10-11-2015 09:13 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Only waiting on a ballot from the guardians to be complete.
10-11-2015 01:55 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

We're WAITING. McFly!
10-11-2015 07:01 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I guess we'll move on without Mike. Currently covered up right now. Preseason poll will be released asap.
10-11-2015 07:02 PM