Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(S7)CEBE Season 8 Top 25 Watch (now with early departure updates!)
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

(S7)CEBE Season 8 Top 25 Watch (now with early departure updates!)
ORIGINAL Top 25

Olivier Hanlan - HEGONE
Marcus Georges-Hunt
Charles Mitchell
Jared Blossomgame
Michael Gbinije
Tyler Roberson
Codi Miller-McIntyre
Devin Thomas
Demetrius Jackson
Xavier Rathan-Mayes
Aaron Thomas - HEGONE
Jamel Artis
Cat Barber
Trevor Lacey - HEGONE
Angel Rodriguez
Tonye Jekiri
Sheldon McClellan
Brice Johnson
Kennedy Meeks
J.P. Tokoto - HEGONE
Tyus Jones (assuming he's back) - HEGONE
Duke one-and-done TBA
Justin Anderson - HEGONE
Malcolm Brogdon
Anthony Gill

BONUS: Terry Rozier HEGONE/5th-year transfer for UofL (fingers crossed)

So 7 of the Top 25 (+1) are already out the door. Leaves us with a Top 19. May go to the next level and see who would fill in these 7 spots. Early 5th-year candidate is obviously Trey Lewis, but Damion Lee would take that spot if he commits. And frankly I'm not sold that either guy is actually UofL's best fantasy player in 2015-2016.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 04:37 PM by HarveyGlass.)
04-15-2015 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

RE: CEBE Season 8 Top 25 Watch (now with early departure updates!)
I mean honestly, what the hell are you doing? Can we give people an updated roster and draft fucking teams in the fall? If I wanted to be in a league where all of the work is done for the coaches, I'd play fantasy football.
04-15-2015 06:58 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

I'm transitioning to Matthew Berry status. Only a matter of time til ESPN comes calling.
04-15-2015 07:51 PM
nicklindy Offline
Coach of the Wheats

I still hold that EVERYONE knew this was the top 25....now if he had a top 100 we could talk.
04-15-2015 08:27 PM
@critchelow Offline
Coach of Critch's Bitches

Looking forward to next season.
04-15-2015 08:33 PM
tarheels15 Offline
The next Mike Rice (Coach of Kitty Cats)

Yeah DHC is getting worked up over nothing. We all pretty much know who the best guys are. Imo Carolina has 4 of the top 15 players in the league, and UVA has 2. That makes for some difficult drafting choices.
04-16-2015 10:12 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

No Terry Rozier in the original top 25???

Why is Chris pointing out 5th year transfers as potential top 25 players? Defeats the purpose of sleepers. During the draft, I'm gonna start posting "Rye's Top 5 Available" just before the snake draft makes it around for each of Chris' picks.
04-16-2015 11:30 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(04-16-2015 11:30 AM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  No Terry Rozier in the original top 25???

Why is Chris pointing out 5th year transfers as potential top 25 players? Defeats the purpose of sleepers. During the draft, I'm gonna start posting "Rye's Top 5 Available" just before the snake draft makes it around for each of Chris' picks.

I swear I was thinking of doing the same. And no, by some draft choices last year, I'm not sure everyone knew who the top 25 were and I think it will be even more difficult to nail down this year. Which will be even better unless we just keep updating this.
04-16-2015 11:40 AM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

(04-16-2015 11:30 AM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  No Terry Rozier in the original top 25???

Terry wasn't in because the assumption was still that he was gone. Same reason I didn't put Trez, Okafor and Winslow in the list.

Also, I only pointed out one transfer that most everyone on this board should know about. I didn't share all the impact transfers (see the PSYCH thread).

Sheesh, try to drum up a little offseason convo and the whole board gets sand in their vagina.
04-16-2015 02:30 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

Saying shit like "gets sand in their vagina" just isn't called for. This isn't an honest thread - I know you're smarter than that. It's a misdirection thread, and that's why I think it's a little bush league.
04-16-2015 02:40 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I don't mind it. I'm okay with sharing strategies/lists. In fact, I was going to put together a little 'how to draft' thread prior to next year's, just to give some tips that are beneficial to me when I draft.

I used to put out a list of the top statistical returnees in every category prior to the draft and may do it again this year.

The way I see it, the more informed and competent the player base the more active and involved they will be. And the league should be more competitive from top to bottom as well which also helps build the player base.

Plus, it takes a lot more than just knowing who the top25 "best" players are. There are a ton of different considerations to take into effect when drafting so I don't see it as a big deal.

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
04-16-2015 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Just about every single coach in this thread has stated that a league that requires you to do your own research is what lures them in most over fantasy football but it's sure as hell not showing now. Sure, big departures is a nice off season thread. No need to formulate a list before hand of the best 25. Where are we going to draw the line? No one taught me how to draft. Are we going to post the top FA prospects in the weekly waiver thread?

The fact that we get a bare bones updated roster and internet access and then we draft is what makes this fun and rewarding. I thought and still think Jerian Grant was a walk away number one pick in season 7. Two VERY capable coaches disagreed and made what I consider to be a bad decision. Enough chatter about how JG was head and shoulders above may have swayed them. And those are coaches with titles. That don't need my input. If I had gotten legitimate not misdirection buzz from EL or J last year about Okafor, it may have made me think the hype was believeable and I may have drafted differently.
04-16-2015 03:47 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Oh, and I'm okay with sharing strategies. But naming players gets sand in my vagina. Hell, possible 5th year transfers to UL have been NAMED.
04-16-2015 03:48 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(04-16-2015 03:47 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  I thought and still think Jerian Grant was a walk away number one pick in season 7. Two VERY capable coaches disagreed and made what I consider to be a bad decision. Enough chatter about how JG was head and shoulders above may have swayed them. And those are coaches with titles. That don't need my input. If I had gotten legitimate not misdirection buzz from EL or J last year about Okafor, it may have made me think the hype was believeable and I may have drafted differently.

All of that right there tells me that none of the lists and/or banter matters in the end. People are going to pick who they want for whatever reason they want. I'm sure I could have convinced you Paige was the better pick if I tried. Tongue Or maybe you would have convinced me to pick Grant. It doesn't really matter either way. What I don't want is people picking Joey Van Zegeren with the 13th overall pick. No offense to True Brewin'. That's what makes things un-fun to me, when someone's team is pretty much in the crapper after only their second draft pick. And it kills that person's motivation to get better and come back the next year when they feel like they don't know what they're doing and they're going up against hardened pros that don't want to help.

I feel you though and if more people feel that way then I'll nix the tips and stuff.

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 04:04 PM by HarveyGlass.)
04-16-2015 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

(04-16-2015 02:40 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  It's a misdirection thread, and that's why I think it's a little bush league.

Wait, how is this a misdirection thread? Recalling Harv's top stats guys from a few seasons ago, I didn't think this was much of a departure from what has been done in the past. It should be common knowledge or things easily found from even the most basic of searches.

Based on the increased intelligence of the league(s) in the past couple of seasons, I would have FULLY expected these 25 guys to go in the first three rounds. Sure, we still have someone grabbing Van Zegeren 80 picks too early, but the past few drafts have shown that no one with stats and/or hype is going to go overlooked in the following season.

Do you think this is misdirection because I'm being dishonest with my Top 25? I feel like terminology is benig misused here or you think I'm trolling the other owners.
04-16-2015 04:18 PM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

i don't mind the lists and information, it's fun to discuss this stuff with people who like it as much as I do. I'm here for that as much as I'm here for the fantasy angle.
04-16-2015 07:39 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(04-16-2015 03:47 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  I thought and still think Jerian Grant was a walk away number one pick in season 7. Two VERY capable coaches disagreed and made what I consider to be a bad decision. Enough chatter about how JG was head and shoulders above may have swayed them. And those are coaches with titles. That don't need my input. If I had gotten legitimate not misdirection buzz from EL or J last year about Okafor, it may have made me think the hype was believeable and I may have drafted differently.
Agree Grant was the best player by a mile, but at the time I thought Connaughton was the most valuable forward by an equal margin. I was wrong. Should've went with my instinct on Grant.

(04-16-2015 04:03 PM)HarveyGlass Wrote:  That's what makes things un-fun to me, when someone's team is pretty much in the crapper after only their second draft pick. And it kills that person's motivation to get better and come back the next year when they feel like they don't know what they're doing and they're going up against hardened pros that don't want to help.

I feel you though and if more people feel that way then I'll nix the tips and stuff.
People say that about Buzz's team literally every year, and all he does is make Final Fours. He's the Brad Stevens of the CEBE.

(04-16-2015 04:18 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  
(04-16-2015 02:40 PM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  It's a misdirection thread, and that's why I think it's a little bush league.

Wait, how is this a misdirection thread? Recalling Harv's top stats guys from a few seasons ago, I didn't think this was much of a departure from what has been done in the past. It should be common knowledge or things easily found from even the most basic of searches.

Based on the increased intelligence of the league(s) in the past couple of seasons, I would have FULLY expected these 25 guys to go in the first three rounds. Sure, we still have someone grabbing Van Zegeren 80 picks too early, but the past few drafts have shown that no one with stats and/or hype is going to go overlooked in the following season.

Do you think this is misdirection because I'm being dishonest with my Top 25? I feel like terminology is benig misused here or you think I'm trolling the other owners.
I consider it misdirection, because why would anyone direct their competitors to the same players they are targeting? It's the guys at the bottom of this list and the 5th year transfers that will make guys think twice on draft prep. Guys like Tyler Roberson making the list vs. James Robinson. Or Marcus Paige not making the list, which I'm sure was an oversight. But giving up strategy just doesn't compute with me. It's why I don't post my player rankings till after the trade deadline. If I think Wayne Blackshear is a statistical beast and he ranks in my top 10 (which he did at one point), I don't want others knowing I see him as top 10 asset when I'm trying to make a trade.

Bringing up undrafted players in the draft comment thread has been taboo for 7 years. We're affectively breaking that streak. Doesn't bother me too much, but just seem like there could be some self fulfilling motives behind it. Undecided
04-16-2015 11:00 PM