Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
F.A.Q.
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

F.A.Q.
(09-14-2014 01:45 PM)Mike F Wrote:  A couple questions on the rules...

1. Are there any restrictions on the real life games that can be used for starters? Specifically, must the games be ACC vs ACC or will ACC vs Any Division count as a start?

1. No restrictions other than a player playing only two games a week. For example, the Hokies play Tuesday, November 25th, Wednesday the 26th, and Sunday the 30th. That's three games in a week(all non-conference btw) and you can choose which two you want to count for your Hokie player. If no games are specified, the first two games count. Full ACC schedule is already up here...http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs...hedule.pdf

2. Also is there any live scoring maintained or is it all old school with the results and scores at the end of each week?

2. In between really. I (usually)score every day of the week. If there are games on Monday I will score those games on Tuesday, and then keep them updated all week long up until the final results are posted on Sunday. So it's not quite as-it-happens, but it's (usually)every day. This is an example of a scoring thread...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2191

3. With Louisville being new to the ACC, I am assuming this the first year for the CEBE to include ACC players. T or F?

3. That is True. And we're verrrrry happy to be using ACC players. We started this league in the 16-team BigEast and that was our first five seasons.(C.E.B.E. actually stands for Cardinal Empire[old website] Big East) Had to use the 10-team AAC's players last year and it was rough. lol Bridge year. Glad to be back among the basketball elite.

4. I understand it is a slow draft. Is there a scheduled draft start date yet?

4. It is a slow draft, but I really like the way it works. It usually starts at some point in the first week of October so we're only about two weeks away. If you want to read the draft rules go here...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2751 Last year it started on October 3rd and took 18 days to finish but it was a fun 18 days. Smile

5. When does the season start? When does the regular season end?

5. These things fluctuate a bit based on when the real teams start play and when their games are scheduled. As a general rule we start Week 1 in early November and go to early March. We typically end our league the week before conference tournaments. Here is what our schedule looked like last year...http://www.thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2748 There may or may not be Breaks in the schedule this year. I'd rather avoid them. I'll release the schedule very shortly after I close sign-ups.

6. Is there a Championship tourney (there appears to be based on the Final 4 banners). How many teams? How many weeks does the Tourney take? I assume that the CEBE season ends the last week of the ACC regular season (T or F?).

6. We do conclude our season with a Big Dance. It is single-elimination and (usually)all teams are invited. How it is set up and whether or not teams will need to qualify are dependent on how many teams are in the league in a given year. I want everybody in it if possible.
In the past it's taken four weeks to conclude the tournament. Last year we had 16 teams and this is what our bracket looked like...http://www.thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=3108

Don't be afraid to ask more questions. I want it all to be as simple as possible for everybody.

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 10:39 AM by HarveyGlass.)
09-15-2014 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

RE: F.A.Q.
Games against non-D1 opponents don't count, right?

Also, can games count for the day they were scheduled, instead of when they were played (i.e. weather delays)
09-25-2015 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

If we're going to honor weather delays, they need to be made up in very short order. Would suck to have the standings/tourney seeding altered or in limbo late in the year because of some delayed make-up game. Worse yet if a delay happens during the CEBE Tourney (which is obviously where you are coming from here).

I'm with you on the non-D1 opponents, though. If someone is playing in the Maui Classic this year, their game against Chaminade shouldn't count.
09-25-2015 12:24 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(09-25-2015 12:24 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  If we're going to honor weather delays, they need to be made up in very short order. Would suck to have the standings/tourney seeding altered or in limbo late in the year because of some delayed make-up game. Worse yet if a delay happens during the CEBE Tourney (which is obviously where you are coming from here).
My proposal - as "official 2015 scorekeeper" Cool - is that the weather delay rule is only used during the tournament. If a makeup game is played within 6 days of it's orginally scheduled date, it will count as being played on the original date. That means you could have an undecided winner going into the following round of the tourney. In that case, both potential winners would post a lineup for the following week, and we let the dominoes fall once the makeup game is played.

Just a suggestion. Any takers?

For the new guys, I got knocked out of the tourney last year because of some snow (and a 1 day delay) up in Boston. It's a bitter pill that I haven't swallowed yet.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 01:06 PM by J-Rye_UL.)
09-25-2015 01:04 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

No change to weather rule. We just can't be playing a week while not knowing who won the previous week.

All games count except exhibition games. Non-DI games have always counted as long as they weren't exhibition games.

09-25-2015 01:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline

sometimes ... you just gotta cast a rod with weak bait and see if anything bites
09-25-2015 01:21 PM
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

Agree with Harv on the weather rule. I would submit entirely different lineups in theory depending on my opponent, so a limbo situation would suck if I'm trying to "coach" my team to victory.

Disagree on the D-II rule and don't recall this being an issue until last season when one of the ACC teams decided to play a junior college in January. Guess I should go scour the schedules and see if anyone is playing Uncle John's Plumbing College in the middle of conference action.
09-25-2015 02:04 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

No on the weather change, yes to d2 opponents counting.
09-25-2015 02:06 PM
@critchelow Offline
Coach of Critch's Bitches

I think my first year playing we skipped Christmas week or finals week because of the lack of scheduled games. Last year sucked only have 6 or 7 games to play. I understand every team deals with this around that time and I hate skipping weeks but with such few games scheduled, is it necessary to schedule match ups that week?
09-26-2015 08:19 AM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(09-26-2015 08:19 AM)@critchelow Wrote:  I think my first year playing we skipped Christmas week or finals week because of the lack of scheduled games. Last year sucked only have 6 or 7 games to play. I understand every team deals with this around that time and I hate skipping weeks but with such few games scheduled, is it necessary to schedule match ups that week?

Agree. Cost me quite a bit. Two weeks back to back with 4 games.
09-26-2015 01:59 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

I like having weeks where depth is actually used. Only time it sucks is when you have multiple players on a team that doesn't play that week.
09-26-2015 02:04 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

Yeah but only being able to play 4 games more than depth. I couldn't even field any semblance of a team with my bench.
09-26-2015 02:27 PM
@critchelow Offline
Coach of Critch's Bitches

I agree but during Christmas you'll be lucky to fill empty slots with depth because everyone is off during the holiday. Games vs D2 don't count even though it counts towards the season record because people find a weak opponent as an unfair advantage and potential to fuck with their seeding in the tournament/ranking. I find it absurd to schedule a week of play when the rest of basketball is taking a week off. One might have only 2 players active vs someone who might have 6 which will have the same result fucking with seeding and record like playing D2 opponents. I'm not gonna draft according to Christmas break just to be able to fill 12 slots.
09-26-2015 02:28 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

Just checked and there are 17 games during finals and Christmas break. Normal is 30. Only 1 team plays no games during finals week
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 03:23 PM by J-Rye_UL.)
09-26-2015 03:22 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

I'll check it out when I make the schedule. Leaning towards breaks again. At least one probably.

09-26-2015 03:24 PM