Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(S7)Two league draft format
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

(S7)Two league draft format
Figured I'd take the discussion away from the sign ups thread.

Here the OP:
(09-11-2014 09:44 AM)J-Rye_UL Wrote:  So how is the duel draft going to work? If league A and league B are both drafting at the same time, there's going to be a lot of checking the other draft to see which players should be picked up. I guess it's the same way with most other fantasy leagues, but it can really kill "sleeper picks" when someone in the other draft picks him up and puts him on everyone's radar.

To add to that, there's been this unwritten rule that you don't talk about players that haven't been drafted yet (unless it's Mike Marra). There's going to be a lot of talk on whichever draft is running ahead, which will undoubtedly have an effect on the later draft.

Thoughts?

(09-11-2014 01:01 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  Even more of a reason for a live draft, IMO. So you have to do your research in advance and with a running 5 minute clock there isn't much time to check another thread and check that player out, etc. I can't think of any other way to fix that problem. But yeah, your odds of sneaking someone in are drastically limited. Especially for those that don't do much of their own research/do it when it's their pick.

(09-11-2014 03:02 PM)chrislindy Wrote:  I meant to ask this last time the split league discussion started. Is it possible to create a "premium" member list that restricts certain forums a la the other UofL boards? Obviously payment wouldn't be the restriction, but your partricipation in League A/B would preclude you from viewing the forum(s) for the other league.

I agree that we need to find a way to keep certain topics from League A hidden from the eyes of League B. This includes the waiver wire threads, league rosters, etc. We probably should have established some rules for general discussion versus league discussion.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 04:13 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-11-2014 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

RE: Two league draft format
(09-11-2014 03:23 PM)DieHardCards Wrote:  Lindy probably has the answer here. Basically like you can have a moderator only forum. I don't think it's necessary to keep it like that throughout the season however. I'd like to be able to look at the other league just to see how it's going.
09-11-2014 03:26 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Great idea from EL and that's exactly what I'll do.
It should be pretty easy to hide the other draft from each conference and then once the draft is over I'd say it's all fair game. I'll open everything back up to everybody.

Nice work punks. Big Grin

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
09-11-2014 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chrislindy Offline
Toilet Warlock
Moderators

(09-11-2014 05:47 PM)HarveyGlass Wrote:  Great idea from EL and that's exactly what I'll do.

Rep *cough*
09-11-2014 10:03 PM