Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(S7)Season 7 Rules Thread
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(S7)Season 7 Rules Thread
Welcome to the 7th year of the CEBE. I'm always taking suggestions for making these better. If enough people want to change something it will be changed.

You can post any questions or suggestions in this thread.

Article I (Player Eligibility)

A reminder that this is a ACC fantasy league and only Atlantic Coast Conference players are allowed in the league. All official position designations are as posted in the excel roster file. This roster will determine eligibility for the draft and all lineups.

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 04:14 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

RE: Season 7 Rules Thread
Article II (Scoring)

Games will be played weekly (Monday through Sunday) with teams being scored head-to-head against their opponents in points, rebounds, assists, defense, and free throw percentage. Defense will consist of the total number of steals and blocks by the player. Each category will be scored separately so that five wins will be at stake each week. If a team sweeps all five categories, they get an extra bonus win with the sweepee taking an extra loss.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 02:50 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article III (Tiebreakers)

During the regular season, ties will not be broken.

If there are ties in the tournament, the team with the fewer games played in that week will move on. The second tie breaker will be regular season record (the higher ranked team moving on). The third and final tiebreaker will be a coin flip.

09-04-2014 02:42 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article IV (Lineups/Substitutions)

Lineups must be posted prior to Monday at noon (Eastern time). The lineup will consist of two guards, two forwards, one center, and one utility player(any position). Each player can play a maximum of two games. If the player has more than two games in a week, the owner can designate which two games should count. Otherwise, the first two games of the week will be used. If a new lineup is not posted, I will use the previous week's lineup. If the lineup does not comply with the rules, the team will lose 0-5 forfeit (but the extra sweep bonus win and loss will not be credited).

During both the regular season and tournament, substitutions are allowed only for players that play 1 game in that particular week. That player and their sub must be submitted prior to the weekly deadline for roster entry, i.e. no subs will be made during play. That player and their sub must play the same position. Utility position players may use subs of any position. Coaches can specify what game shall count for their sub if they play more than one, otherwise the sub's first game of the week will be counted by default.

An individual sub may only play one game per week. But you may use as many subs per week as your roster allows.

09-04-2014 02:49 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article V (Free Agents)

All players that are not on a roster in a given week are Free Agents. Free Agents are available to be picked up by any team through the Waiver Process by submitting a claim to the waiver manager(s). Only one FA may be picked up per week, per team. For every player added to your team you must also remove one in order to maintain a full roster of no more than nine players.

A Waiver Order will be established after the draft that will determine which teams have first choice of FA pickup. If a team picks up a FA, that team will move to the back of the Waiver Order for the next week. If no pick is made, that team will either keep their place in line for the next week or possibly move up depending on other teams ahead of them.

To add a Free Agent to your roster:
Send your waiver manager a Private Message at any time during the week with the player or list of players(in order) that you would like to acquire. If that player is still available during your team's turn in the Waiver Order he will be added to your active roster and will be available for your following week's lineup. Remember, in exchange for the player you pick up, you must release one in your PM in order to stay below the roster maximum.The deadline for receiving FA requests is every Sunday, at a designated time. At that time, the commissioner will process all FA requests for that week and we'll all see who ended up where.

One last thing: Title your PM 'Week 2 Waivers' or something to that effect so that I know not to open the PM until Sunday. Smile

The Waiver Order will be posted weekly.

For more information about Free Agents check this thread out...http://www.thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=1732...or just ask.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 08:09 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 02:59 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article VI (Trades)

Trades can be made at any time until four weeks before the season ending tournament, at which point no further trades are allowed. Both parties need to send me a private message for the trade to be put to a vote. NEW RULE* Once a Trade Thread has been posted by the commissioner there is no backing out of the trade.
In the case of unbalanced trades (two for one, three for two, etc.), extra players can be picked up - apart from the one Free Agent pickup, but teams left with larger roster sizes than the maximum must immediately release players to legalize their rosters.

If I deem a trade is collusive, both owners will be expelled from the league immediately. By collusive, I don't mean stupid or risky, I mean indefensible. In other words, it would have to be really bad.

NEW RULE* 1st Round draft picks are not eligible for trade for the entire season. They can be dropped, but not traded.

All trades require NEW RULE* 51% approval after 24 hours to be completed. The percentage is taken from the number of 'yay' votes versus the number of 'nay' votes in the trade thread. All non-votes are counted as abstention. Therefore, the number of 'yay' votes needed for a trade to pass is fluid and clarified below...

If 12 people vote, 7 yes votes are needed for the trade to pass.
If 11 people vote, 6 yes votes are needed.
If 10 people vote, 6 yes votes are needed.
If 9 people vote, 5 yes votes are needed.
If 8 people vote, 5 yes votes are needed.
If 7 people vote, 4 yes votes are needed.
If 6 people vote, 4 yes votes are needed.
If 5 people vote, 3 yes votes are needed.
If 4 people vote, 3 yes votes are needed.

The two trade partners are always counted as yes votes. Which means,
If 3 people vote, the trade passes.
If 2 people vote, the trade passes.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 11:07 AM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 03:13 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Well I meant after I was done you knob. Big Grin

And now I'm done. That's it for the rules this year.
Can't trade 1st Round draft picks anymore, and while abstaining from a trade vote still counts as a 'yay' vote, it now requires a full 51% of the league's approval to be accepted, as opposed to the old 33%. That means in a 12-team league only 6 'Nay' votes are needed to defeat the trade.

The draft is statying as is to give all our noobs plenty of time. And hopefully we have plenty of noobs.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 03:32 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 03:30 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I thought these things were open for discussion??
09-04-2014 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

They were, and still are. We talked about them last season and we had all off-season to talk about them. And like I said, if enough people want to change something then we'll change it. But time's running out.

I'm not interested in making sweeping changes to the draft this year. It needs to be as user-friendly as possible, speed be damned.

And I think the new trade rules should really take care of some problems we've had in the past. I put the DHC Rule in there btw. Smile

Are you alright with these changes?

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 03:45 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 03:45 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I'm comfortable with the changes absolutely. Especially the DHC rule. Lol.

I just think the draft is the opposite of user friendly. I think that part is the only negative part of out system at this juncture.
09-04-2014 04:10 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Also for this year, if we get 20 people we're running two different leagues that will act as conferences. They will be self-contained in their own sub-forums and the two conferences will have non-conference games but primarily play games among themselves.

Most teams(maybe all) will all play in one big dance at the end of the year.

Ideally, I want 24 teams, two conferences of 12 each.

So if any of you know anybody that might possibly be interested, THIS is the season to invite them.

I'm gonna post early-bird sign-ups tomorrow for our regulars and probably starting Monday I'm gonna make the rounds on all the ACC message boards and try and bring in some new blood. So tell ya kids, tell ya wife, and tell your husbands too. Get in quick to lock up your spot. The cutoff is 24 this year.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 04:25 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-04-2014 04:24 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Edited the rule for trades to reflect our new policy.

09-10-2014 11:47 AM
Mike F Offline
Coach - Guardians of the Cassell

A couple questions on the rules...

1. Are there any restrictions on the real life games that can be used for starters. Specifically, must the games be ACC vs ACC or will ACC vs Any Division count as a start.
2. Also is there any live scoring maintained or is it all old school with the results and scores at the end of each week.
3. With Louisville being new to the ACC, I am assuming this the first year for the CEBE to include ACC players. T or F?
4. I understand it is a slow draft. Is there a scheduled draft start date yet?
5. When does the season start? When does the regular season end?
6. Is there a Championship tourney (there appears to be based on the Final 4 banners). How many teams? How many weeks does the Tourney take? I assume that the CEBE season ends the last week of the ACC regular season (T or F?).

Looking forward to the season.
09-14-2014 01:45 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

(09-14-2014 01:45 PM)Mike F Wrote:  A couple questions on the rules...

1. Are there any restrictions on the real life games that can be used for starters. Specifically, must the games be ACC vs ACC or will ACC vs Any Division count as a start.
2. Also is there any live scoring maintained or is it all old school with the results and scores at the end of each week.
3. With Louisville being new to the ACC, I am assuming this the first year for the CEBE to include ACC players. T or F?
6. Is there a Championship tourney (there appears to be based on the Final 4 banners). How many teams? How many weeks does the Tourney take? I assume that the CEBE season ends the last week of the ACC regular season (T or F?).

Great questions, mike. And I'll answer as many as I can.

1. No. We will start the season as soon as the regular season starts so there will be a half of season worth of games where our players are against non-conference opponents.

2. Harv tries to score it as much as possible. Some weeks he may fall a tad. But we usually get an up date mid-week after most players have played their first game, (A lot of times) an update on Saturday if there are a lot of games going to be decided on Sunday. Usually a mid-week and a final but depending on how the games are laid out there are sometimes 3. It gets a little more regular once conference play starts up and most games are Wednesday and Saturday. We've found that non-conference games tend to be all over the place.

3. True. Big East players for 5 seasons, a shallow American League last year and now here we are.

4. The draft is agonizingly slow. As you've probably read my bitching. Lol. No draft date set yet. Harv may be able to chime in with this answer.

5. & 6. The season starts as soon as possible. A couple teams may have early outlier games but as soon as most teams start playing 2 games per week, we get going. Again, Harv will chime in here if he has a scheduled date. We do have a championship tournament. Our regular season will end probably one month before the real regular season ends. I'm imagining probably 4 weeks of tournament games which will cap the end of the real regular season.

We're glad to have you aboard, good sir. And even though you guys stumbled yesterday as well, congrats on beating the buckeyes. My least favorite team.
09-14-2014 02:10 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(09-14-2014 01:45 PM)Mike F Wrote:  A couple questions on the rules...

Good questions, thanks for asking.

1. No restrictions other than a player playing only two games a week. For example, the Hokies play Tuesday, November 25th, Wednesday the 26th, and Sunday the 30th. That's three games in a week(all non-conference btw) and you can choose which two you want to count for your Hokie player. If no games are specified, the first two games count. Full ACC schedule is already up here...http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs...hedule.pdf

2. In between really. I (usually)score every day of the week. If there are games on Monday I will score those games on Tuesday, and then keep them updated all week long up until the final results are posted on Sunday. So it's not quite as-it-happens, but it's (usually)every day. This is an example of a scoring thread...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2191

3. That is True. And we're verrrrry happy to be using ACC players. We started this league in the 16-team BigEast and that was our first five seasons.(C.E.B.E. actually stands for Cardinal Empire[old website] Big East) Had to use the 10-team AAC's players last year and it was rough. lol Bridge year. Glad to be back among the basketball elite.

4. It is a slow draft, but I really like the way it works. It usually starts at some point in the first week of October so we're only about two weeks away. If you want to read the draft rules go here...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2050 Last year it started on October 3rd and took 18 days to finish but it was a fun 18 days. Smile

5. These things fluctuate a bit based on when the real teams start play and when their games are scheduled. As a general rule we start Week 1 in early November and go to early March. We typically end our league the week before conference tournaments. Here is what our schedule looked like last year...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2028 There may or may not be Breaks in the schedule this year. I'd rather avoid them. I'll release the schedule very shortly after I close sign-ups.

6. We do conclude our season with a Big Dance. It is single-elimination and (usually)all teams are invited. How it is set up and whether or not teams will need to qualify are dependent on how many teams are in the league in a given year. I want everybody in it if possible.
In the past it's taken four weeks to conclude the tournament. Last year we had 10 teams and this is what our bracket looked like...http://thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=2391

Don't be afraid to ask more questions. I want it all to be as simple as possible for everybody.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014 07:03 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-14-2014 02:23 PM