Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(S6)Season 6 Rules Thread
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

(S6)Season 6 Rules Thread
Welcome to the 6th year of the CEBE. I'm always taking suggestions for making these better. If enough people want to change something it will be changed.

You can post any questions or suggestions in this thread.

Article I (Player Eligibility)
A reminder that this is (currently)a AAC fantasy league and only American Athletic Conference players are allowed in the league. All official player designations are as posted in the excel roster file. This roster will determine eligibility for the draft and all lineups.

"The dream lives on." - Howard Schnellenberger
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 05:38 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-29-2013 10:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

RE: Season 6 Rules Thread
Article II (Scoring)
Games will be played weekly (Monday through Sunday) with teams being scored head-to-head against their opponents in points, rebounds, assists, defense, and free throw percentage. Defense will consist of the total number of steals and blocks. Each category will be scored separately so that five wins will be at stake each week. If a team sweeps all five categories, they get an extra bonus win with the sweepee taking an extra loss.

09-29-2013 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article III (Tiebreakers)
During the regular season, ties will not be broken.

If there are ties in the tournament, the team with the fewer games played in that week will move on. The second tie breaker will be regular season record (the higher ranked team moving on). The third and final tiebreaker will be a coin flip.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 12:23 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-29-2013 11:28 AM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article IV (Lineups/Substitutions)
Lineups must be posted prior to Monday at noon (Eastern time). The lineup will consist of two guards, two forwards, one center, and one utility player(any position). Each player can play a maximum of two games. If the player has more than two games in a week, the owner can designate which two games should count. Otherwise, the first two games of the week will be used. If a new lineup is not posted, I will use the previous week's lineup. If the lineup does not comply with the rules, the team will lose 0-5 forfeit (but the extra sweep bonus win and loss will not be credited).

During both the regular season and tournament, substitutions will be allowed only for players that play 1 game in that particular week. That player and their sub must be submitted prior to the weekly deadline for roster entry, i.e. no subs will be made during play. That player and their sub must play the same position. NEW RULE* Utility position players may use subs of any position. Coaches can specify what game shall count for their sub if they play more than one, otherwise the sub's first game of the week will be counted by default.

NEW RULE* An individual sub may only play one game per week. But you may use as many subs per week as your roster allows.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 12:22 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-29-2013 12:10 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article V (Free Agents)

NEW RULE*

All players that are not on a roster in a given week are Free Agents. Free Agents are available to be picked up by any team through the Waiver Process by submitting a claim to J-Rye_UL. Only one FA may be picked up per week, per team. For every player added to your team you must also remove one in order to maintain a full roster of no more than nine players.

A Waiver Order will be established after the draft that will determine which teams have first choice of FA pickup. In Week 1 it will be the reverse order of the draft(i.e. 10th pick will have first Waiver rights). If a team picks up a FA, that team will move to the back of the Waiver Order for the next week. If no pick is made, that team will either keep their place in line for the next week or possibly move up depending on other teams ahead of them.

To add a Free Agent to your roster:
Send J-Rye_UL a Private Message at any time during the week with the player or list of players(in order) that you would like to acquire. If that player is still available during your team's turn in the Waiver Order he will be added to your active roster and will be available for your following week's lineup. Remember, for every player you pick up, you must release one in your PM to J-Rye in order to stay below the nine-player roster maximum.The deadline for receiving FA requests is every Sunday, at 8pm. At that time, J-Rye_UL will process all FA requests for that week and we'll all see who ended up where.

The Waiver Order will be posted weekly.

For more information about Free Agents check this thread out...http://www.thecebe.com/showthread.php?tid=1732

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 12:38 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-29-2013 12:14 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Article VI (Trades)
Trades can be made at any time until four weeks before the season ending tournament, at which point no further trades are allowed. Both parties need to email me or send me a private message for the trade to be processed. In the case of unbalanced trades (two for one, three for two, etc.), extra players can be picked up - apart from the one waiver pickup, but teams left with larger roster sizes than the maximum must immediately release players to legalize their rosters.

If I deem a trade is collusive, both owners will be expelled from the league immediately. By collusive, I don't mean stupid or risky, I mean indefensible. In other words, it would have to be really bad.

All trades require 33% league approval to be completed. However, all non-votes are counted as yes-votes meaning that participation is only required if you intend to vote against a trade.

09-29-2013 12:19 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

That's it for the Rules this year.

I decided to only allow each sub to play just one game per week instead of being able to sub for two different starters. I feel like that would give too much power to the already powerful hybrid players and would also negate roster depth.
But the good news is unlimited subs in the regular season! Well, it's only limited by your roster. So with a 9-man roster we can only have 3 subs per week. But better than one right? Big Grin And three is probably plenty to get us close to 12 games.

The other big change this year is the revamped Waiver system. It could be a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I just hope we'll have enough decent FAs to make it interesting. I know it will be interesting next year. Thanks J!

So read over the new Sub rules and Free Agent rules and let me know about any questions or suggestions.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 12:37 PM by HarveyGlass.)
09-29-2013 12:28 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

I think the sub rule is excellent and I wish it would have always been this way. It's a good thing for the future anyway. lol.
09-29-2013 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J-Rye_UL Offline
Coach Cactus Carl - FreeBallers

(09-29-2013 12:14 PM)HarveyGlass Wrote:  A Waiver Order will be established after the draft that will determine which teams have first choice of FA pickup. In Week 1 it will be the reverse order of the draft(i.e. 10th pick will have first Waiver rights). If a team picks up a FA, that team will move to the back of the Waiver Order for the next week. If no pick is made, that team will either keep their place in line for the next week or possibly move up depending on other teams ahead of them.
copied from another thread...

Can we do a lottery for the week 1 waiver wire? Being 1st in the waiver order can be a major benefit, but since it's a snake draft, the 1st draft pick doesn't really have an advantage over the 10th draft pick. We could use the same cards everyone already picked but just reshuffle the deck and lay em' out again to set the waiver order in the first week.
09-29-2013 03:56 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

That's fine by me. Anybody have an issue with it?

09-29-2013 07:03 PM
ULismyhothot Offline
Fancy Stats

no issue
09-29-2013 07:09 PM
DieHardCards Offline
The Louisville Lip
Moderators 2

No
09-29-2013 07:27 PM
Deanfor3! Offline
Coach of the Dragons

Nope
09-29-2013 09:55 PM
J-Rye_UL Offline

When is the trade deadline?
01-02-2014 04:37 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Good question, almost forgot.

01-02-2014 04:55 PM
HarveyGlass Offline
Administrator
Administrators

New addendum to the rules. Tongue

Article VII (J-Rye)
The member known as J-Rye(from now on written as J) shall not be permitted to make trades with any other forum member as it pertains to the CEBE Fantasy College Basketball League. All of J's proposed trades shall henceforth be denied before they are even proposed.

Any team created by J will also begin any future fantasy season of the CEBE with a record of 0-10 to offset any future complaints about J's domination of said league.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 09:37 AM by HarveyGlass.)
01-04-2014 09:31 AM
J-Rye_UL Offline

(01-04-2014 09:31 AM)HarveyGlass Wrote:  New addendum to the rules. Tongue

Article VII (J-Rye)
The member known as J-Rye(from now on written as J) shall not be permitted to make trades with any other forum member as it pertains to the CEBE Fantasy College Basketball League. All of J's proposed trades shall henceforth be denied before they are even proposed.

Any team created by J will also begin any future fantasy season of the CEBE with a record of 0-10 to offset any future complaints about J's domination of said league.
Ironic
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 11:14 AM by J-Rye_UL.)
02-11-2014 10:32 AM